Effective Nov. 15, 2021, Lincoln is announcing pricing updates to Lincoln TermAccel Level Term (2019) which will improve competitive positioning in key cells. Lincoln TermAccel life insurance offers an entirely electronic, streamlined interview process with fully automated underwriting and no APS requirement.
Goals of the reprice include being a “top 3 carrier” in the following non-tobacco, core cells for all term periods:
- For face amounts of $500k and above, ages 40 – 60, nearly all premiums are in the top 3
- At $500k and above, all ages, nearly all premiums are in the top 5
- For face amounts of $1M, a large majority of cells ages 45 – 60 are ranked #1
- Premium updates include decreases only
For states that are approved at rollout, there is a 30-day transition period which begins on Nov. 15, 2021 and ends on Dec. 15, 2021. During the transition period:
- New applications received and applications currently in underwriting will automatically receive the lowest rates available.
- For policies already issued Lincoln will accept a written request to change to the Lincoln TermAccel® (2019) – 11/15/21 rates.
- For policies already placed Lincoln will not allow rewrites to the Lincoln TermAccel® (2019) –11/15/21 rates.
- For states approved after rollout the above will automatically apply based on the availability date. Lincoln TermAccel® (2019) is not available in New York.
The following riders are available on all versions of Lincoln TermAccel® (see state availability):
- Accelerated Benefit Rider
- Waiver of Premium Benefit
- Children’s Level Term Insurance Benefit Rider