Effective Nov. 15, 2021, Lincoln is announcing pricing updates to Lincoln LifeElements Level Term (2019) which will improve competitive positioning in key cells. Lincoln LifeElements Level Term life insurance offers both a traditional paper application process and a streamlined Tele-App process for electronic and paper ticket submissions.
Goals of the reprice include being a “top 3 carrier” in the following non-tobacco, core cells for all term periods:
- Face amounts of $1M+, currently top 3 for most ages 30+
- A large majority of cells ages 45 and above are ranked #1
- For face amounts of $500k – $999k, currently top 3 for almost all ages 55+
- Premium updates include decreases only
For states that are approved at rollout, there is a 30-day transition period which begins on Nov. 15, 2021 and ends on Dec.15, 2021. During the transition period:
- New applications received and applications currently in underwriting will automatically receive the lowest rates available.
- For policies already issued Lincoln will accept a written request to change to the Lincoln LifeElements® (2019) – 11/15/21 rates.
- For policies already placed Lincoln will not allow rewrites to the Lincoln LifeElements® (2019) –11/15/21 rates.
- For states approved after rollout the above will automatically apply based on the availability date. Lincoln LifeElements® (2019) is not available in New York.
The following riders are available on all versions of Lincoln LifeElements® (see state availability):
- Accelerated Benefit Rider
- Waiver of Premium Benefit
- Children’s Level Term Insurance Benefit Rider