Starting January 11, 2021, Protective Classic Choice term will have even lower rates, putting it in the Top 3 or better 95% of the time in monthly pay scenarios and in the Top 3 or better 92% of the time in annual pay scenarios. We have also made several other changes, including raising the maximum issue ages in our 10 – 30 year term periods, to help you offer this marketleading term product to even more clients.
Details about enhancements to the product:
- Extending maturity age
To help you serve more clients, we are increasing the maturity age from 90 to 95.
- Increasing maximum issue ages
We also increased maximum issue ages across several term periods to help you cover even
- Increasing the policy fee
Our policy fee will be increasing from $55.00 to $65.00, but will remain fully commissionable!
We recently added guaranteed, level-term options at 35 and 40 years, in addition to our 10-, 15-, 20-, 25- and 30-year term periods. Protective is now one of only three national carriers to offer more than 30 years of level term coverage. Plus, our maximum issue ages for our 35- and 40-year term periods are in line with (or better than) other top carriers.2 And as always, you can accelerate your business by using Protective Velocity – our suite of digital solutions.
- For ticket business and direct writers: applications must be signed and received by the Home Office on or before Monday, February 8 to receive current rates.
- For paper business: applications must be signed and received on or before Monday, January 25 to receive current rates.
- Any application in underwriting on Monday, January 11 may choose between the old and new version of the product but will retain the rates initially quoted, unless otherwise requested up until the case has been approved.