We have some important information regarding our Protective Indexed Choice UL product and our ExtendCare Rider. Effective July 12, 2021, we will reprice the products to include lower premiums in key areas. In addition, we will be:
- Lowering the maximum secondary guarantee from 121 to age 90 to make our guarantees even more competitive. For clients seeking guarantees to age 121, our market-leading Protective® Lifetime Assurance UL and Protective Advantage ChoiceSM UL guaranteed universal life options are still available
- Adding an Option B Increasing Death Benefit Option
- Extending surrender charges from 14 to 19 years
- Providing access to the Guideline Premium Test at issue
These changes enable us to continue offering the same well-designed indexed universal life solution that you know and trust, with improved pricing and new features that help us deliver on our promises — together.
- For ticket business and direct writers: applications must be signed and received on or before Monday, August 30 to receive current rates.
- For paper business: applications must be signed and received on or before Monday, August 16 to receive current rates.
- Any application in underwriting on Monday, July 12 may choose between the old and new version of the product but will retain the rates initially quoted unless otherwise requested up until the case has been approved.