Spring is almost here — and that’s not the only good news. We’re kicking off the season with new ways to make it simpler to do your job, including:
- Reduced Term rates. Effective April 1, you can offer clients even lower Principal Term rates for many ages and risk classes. View the transition guidelines to learn more.
- Accelerated underwriting enhancements. In the coming weeks, we’ll unveil updates to our popular Principal Accelerated Underwriting program, making it even more competitive.
- Principal Life Online features that make your job easier. We’re always working to issue policies more quickly — helping your clients get coverage sooner and you get paid faster. That’s why we’ve rolled out new tools that save time and add convenience, including innovative online application and eDelivery features.
New Principal Term Rates
Effective Monday, April 1, 2019,
10-, 15-, 20- and 30-Year Term transition guidelines
Effective April 1, 2019, we’ll be introducing reduced Principal Term rates for many of our ages and risk classes.
April 1, 2019
- All Term applications received in the home office (in approved states) on this date or after will automatically receive the new Term – April 2019 rates.
- We’ll accept requests for the Term – October 2018 rates until April 29, 2019. Simply note this request on a cover letter/transmittal.
Cases pending on April 1, 2019
- Applications in underwriting will be issued with the Term – October 2018 rates as originally applied for unless the new Term – April 2019 rates are specifically requested.
- If the new Term – April 2019 rates are desired, no new application or quotation is required. Notify your home office contact of the requested change.
Policies still within the examination period (COD, Offer or Shortage)
- If the policy was delivered via eDelivery and the new Term rates (April 2019) are desired, the Field Office contact will reject the policy with old rates and indicate that the new rates are desired in the Rejection Comments box. The policy will then be reissued via eDelivery.
- If the policy was mailed from Principal and the new Term rates (April 2019) are desired, simply indicate “Term rates – April 2019” with the delivery requirements and submit the correct premium amount. New data pages will then be mailed to the customer.
- Backdating is allowed to save age. Normal backdating rules apply.
- All states have approved the new Principal Term rates for April 2019.