On July 9, 2021, Pacific Life Insurance Company is adjusting rates for PL Promise Term,1 a product specifically designed to serve the death benefit protection needs of the broad market consumer (household incomes of $50K to $250K).
Rates have been updated to be more competitive. A 60-day transition period is provided.
You can rely on Pacific Life to deliver consistent, competitive pricing and automated, simple solutions.
Targeted “Sweet Spots”2
- Top 3 for 100% of annual mode Preferred Best No Nicotine and Preferred No Nicotine combinations
- Top 3 for 96.0% of preferred no-nicotine rate class combinations (Preferred Best No Nicotine, Preferred No Nicotine, Select No Nicotine)
- Top 3 for 94.9% of 25-year term combinations
- Top 2 for 100% of face amounts less than $100k
- Substandard pricing (+20% per table versus the traditional +25%)
- Monthly Premium mode (monthly premiums)
- Accelerated and fluidless underwriting options
- eCapabilities and digital solutions resulting in shorter cycle times and higher placement rates
The new PL Promise Term rates go into effect beginning July 9, 2021, for all states except NY. Cases that are issued (for delivery) through September 6, 2021, automatically receive the better of the old and new PL Promise Term rates. No request is necessary. This date provides a 60-day transition from our new rate launch date. Cases that are issued after this date receive the new PL Promise Term rates.
PL Promise Term can be quoted on Winflex Web, IXN, VitalTerm, iPipeline, and Compulife.
The Power of Pacific
The quality of your term life insurance carrier matters. Go with one you can trust.
- Underwriting Innovation: Up to $2 million in accelerated or fluidless coverage
- eCapabilities: End-to-end digital process
- Mutual Holding Company: Focused on long-term interests of policyowners
- Award Winning Customer Service: Dalbar Insurance Service Award winner3
- Ethical Conduct: One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies4
- Financial Strength: 93 out of 100 COMDEX5
1PL Promise Term is level premium term life insurance. Policy Form #P16LYT or ICC16 P16LYT and S16LYT10, S16LYT15, S16LYT20, S16LYT25, or S16LYT30, based on level premium period chosen and state of policy issue.
2Competitive Positioning of non-affiliated companies as of 6/16/2021 CompuLife: AIG Select-a-Term (16901), American National Insurance Company (ANICO) Signature Term (ART12), Banner Life Insurance Company OPTerm (ICC18-OPTC), Equitable Brightlife Term (156-LT), Fidelity RAPIDecision Life (F4225), John Hancock Protection Term (TL22), Lincoln LifeElements Level Term (TRM6063), Lincoln TermAccel Level Term (TRM6069), MassMutual Haven Term (17DTC), Nationwide Guaranteed Level Term (NWLA-490), North American ADDvantage Term (LS174), North American Classic Term (LS188), Principal Term (SN/SN 89), Protective Classic Choice Term (UL-22), Prudential Term Essential (PLTIC-2016), The Savings Bank Life Insurance Company of Massachusetts (SBLI) Level Term (P-LT), United of Omaha Term Life Answers (6181L-0696). Pacific Life PL Promise Term (ICC16 P16LYT) rates are effective 7/9/2021. Comparisons based on quinquennial ages from 20 through 80 as applicable for term periods 10, 15, 20, 25, 30; all face bands from $50k+; all 6 risk classes; and annual and monthly payment modes.
32017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 Dalbar Insurance Service Award Winner for Consistent focus on improving the policyowner experience: https://dalbar.com/Awards/Winners/75.
4Sthisphere Institute named Pacific Life one of 2018, 2019, & 2020 World’s Most Ethical Companies based on its compliance and ethics program, corporate citizenship, culture of ethics, corporate governance, and leadership, innovation, and reputation: https://www.pacificlife.com/press-releases/pacific-life-named-one-of-the-2020-worlds-most-ethical-companies.html
5The COMDEX is a composite score of the four independent raters of financial strength (A.M. Best, Fitch, Moody’s, and Standard & Poor’s). The COMDEX rates life insurance companies on a scale of 0 to 100, with 100 being the highest rating. As of Aug. 2020. For current ratings, visit www.PacificLife.com. COMDEX is not an affiliated company of Pacific Life Insurance Company.