Our industry continues to operate in a challenging and changing environment while being faced with an evolving regulatory landscape and recent interest rate declines to near historical lows. As part of our disciplined approach to financial and risk management and guided by our long-term objective of honoring our commitments to policyholders, Lincoln is prudently managing its business to ensure we are operating responsibly.
Continuing with this strategy, effective November 11, 2019, Lincoln is announcing pricing updates on Lincoln LifeGuarantee® UL (2019). Lincoln remains committed to the guaranteed Universal Life market, and these adjustments help ensure we sustain a robust market presence and endure as a trusted and reliable partner.
The following pricing updates apply:
- Premiums have increased 17% on average
- Target premiums have increased to be aligned with updated lifetime level premiums
For states that are approved at rollout, there is a 30-day transition period which begins on November 11, 2019, and ends on December 11, 2019. All states will be automatically approved at rollout.
- For the old product, formal applications must be signed, dated and received in-good-order in Lincoln’s home office by the end of the transition period to qualify.
- For LincXpress® Tele-App Cases, a complete ticket and required solicitation forms must be received.
- For pending business or policies already issued, Lincoln will accept a written request and a revised illustration to change to the Lincoln LifeGuarantee® UL (2019) – 11/11/19.
- For policies already placed, normal internal replacement guidelines apply. Rewrites will not be allowed.