Effective February 11, 2019, Lincoln is pleased to announce pricing improvements to Lincoln LifeElements® Level Term (2017) which will improve competitive positioning in key cells.
Lincoln LifeElements® Level Term offers both a traditional paper application process and a streamlined Tele-App process for electronic and paper ticket submissions.
- Goals of the reprice include being a “top 3 carrier” in the following non-tobacco core cells for all term periods:
- Ages 55 and above for face amounts of $500,000 and above
- Ages 30 and above for face amounts of $1,000,000 and above
- Premium updates include decreases only
For states that are approved at rollout, there is a 30-day transition period which begins on February 11, 2019, and ends on March 13, 2019. During the transition period:
- New applications received and applications currently in underwriting will automatically receive the lowest rates available. A request to use the lower rates will not be required. If the application had been submitted with premium using higher rates the difference will be automatically refunded.
- For policies already issued Lincoln will accept a written request to change to the Lincoln LifeElements® Level Term (2017) – 02/11/19 rates.
- For policies already placed Lincoln will not allow rewrites to the Lincoln LifeElements® Level Term (2017) – 02/11/19 rates.
- For LincXpress Tele-App cases a complete ticket and required solicitation forms must be received within the same transition period outlined above.
- For states approved after rollout, the above will automatically apply based on the availability date
The 2017 product has not been filed at this time in Massachusetts and New York since they have not approved the use of PBR/2017CSO.
The following riders are available on all versions of Lincoln LifeElements® Level Term:
- Accelerated Death Benefit Rider
- Children’s Term Insurance Rider
- Waiver of Premium Rider