Effective May 13, 2019, Legal & General America has competitive new term rates for Banner and William Penn OPTerm 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 include a mix of decreases and increases. No changes to our highly-competitive rates for OPTerm 35 and 40.
Rate decreases in more than 36% of pricing cells improved our ranking against core competitors.
Here’s what you need to know:
New Business Submission and Pending New Business
Traditional Paper Applications
- New applications received in the home office by June 12, 2019 and applications currently pending will be issued with the most favorable premium for the insured.
- Applications received June 13, 2019 and later will be issued with the new rates.
- Formal applications received by June 12, 2019 will be issued with the most favorable premium for the insured.
- In order for the policy to be eligible for prior rates, the drop ticket should be submitted with enough time for the interview to be completed and the application submitted by June 12, 2019.
- New rates will apply to all completed interviews and subsequent formal applications received June 13, 2019 and later.
- Recently issued policies can be considered for reissue, with the new rates, provided the free look period has not expired.
- Please send reissue requests to your general agent.