Effective October 1, there will be reduced Principal Term rates for many ages and risk classes. These will allow you to provide more value for your clients — and help build your business.
Transition rules & guidelines
October 1, 2018
- All Term applications received in the home office (in approved states) on this date or after will automatically receive the new Term – October 2018 rates.
- We’ll accept requests for the Term – March 2018 rates until October 31, 2018. Simply note this request on a cover letter/transmittal.
Cases pending on October 1, 2018
- Applications in underwriting will be issued with the Term – March 2018 rates as originally applied for, unless the new Term – October 2018 rates are specifically requested.
- If the new Term – October 2018 rates are desired, no new application or quotation is required. Notify your home office contact of the requested change.
Policies still within the examination period (COD, Offer or Shortage)
- If the new Term rates (October 2018) are desired, simply indicate “Term rates – October 2018” with the delivery requirements and submit the correct premium amount. New data pages will be mailed to the customer.
- Backdating is allowed to save age. Normal backdating rules apply.
- All states have approved the new Principal Term rates for October 2018.