New premium rates will be effective June 8 for Principal Universal Life Protector V (UL Protector V) and Principal Survivorship Universal Life Protector III (SUL Protector III). The challenging economic environment makes a pricing adjustment necessary, with generally higher rates for both products.
- On average, UL ProtectorV single and 10 pays will increase 13-14%, and level pays will increase 4%.
- On average, SUL Protector Ill rates will increase 11-12% for all premium scenarios.
The guidelines below provide key dates for the transition from original rates to new rates.
June 8, 2020
- New rates are effective in all states.
- We’ll accept applications for policies with original rates until June 15, 2020. All requirements, including premium, must be received in the home office within our normal processing timeframe.
June 16, 2020
- All applications received in the home office on or after this date will be issued with new rates. No exceptions will apply.
- Normal rules apply for backdating to save age. However, if the application is received after June 15, the policy will be issued with new rates even if backdating results in an issue date prior to the effective
date of new rates.
- All transition guidelines apply to term conversion applications for UL Protector V and SUL Protector Ill.
- Previously communicated premium limits remain in effect for these products.