As of April 15, 2019, PL Promise Term life insurance just got more competitive. This reprice reinforces Pacific Life’s commitment to the Brokerage channel and meeting the specific needs of the broad market consumer – affordable death benefit protection solutions. You can rely on Pacific Life to remain committed to the term marketplace and ensure our product remains competitive with innovative solutions.
- We’ve targeted “sweet spot” pricing improvements in the following areas:
- – All no nicotine rate classes: Preferred Best No Nicotine Use (PBNN) – Standard No Nicotine Use (SNN)
- – Older ages for 10- and 15-year term periods
- – All ages for 20- and 30-year term periods
- – All premium bands, particularly under $500K
- Continued competitive strengths in the following areas:
- – PL Smooth Sailing fluidless underwriting program (see page 2 for details)
- – Competitive Substandard pricing (+20% per table vs. the traditional +25%)
- – Competitive Monthly Premium mode (monthly premiums)
The new PL Promise Term rates go into effect beginning April 15, 2019. A 60-day transition period from April 15, 2019 through June 13, 2019 is provided. (See chart)
During the transition period, a request to use the lower rates is not required. The difference between any premiums received that are higher than the lowest premium available will be automatically refunded during this window.
|April 15, 2019 through June 13, 2019||
From April 15, 2019, through June 13, 2019, the lower of the prior and new PL Promise Term rates will be issued for:
|June 14, 2019||
Don’t forget about PL Smooth Sailing Underwriting—a predictable alternative to today’s unpredictable fluidless offerings!
A straightforward application/underwriting process with no credit scores or ‘Black Box’ scoring. We guarantee the client will not have the hassle of an additional insurance exam/lab if the client meets the clearly stated qualification requirements. If your client qualifies, be sure to click “yes” to PL Smooth Sailing when submitting the ticket on PL Express App! Market this opportunity using the PL Smooth Sailing Marketing Toolkit.
- Client’s age nearest birthday 50-69
- Amount of life insurance coverage applied for and inforce with Pacific Life must be less than or equal to $1 million
- Comprehensive physical and blood work available from the applicant’s personal physician in the last 18 months; up to two years of history may be requested
- Flexible Application Process: Submit Ticket or Paper Application—Choose the method that works best for you!