OneAmerica is announcing a price decrease on our Asset Care product portfolio nationwide, effective May 26, 2022.
OneAmerica® was one of the first companies to increase prices on our asset-based LTC product back in 2019. While not popular, that decision made our product more resilient and created a solid future to serve our customers.
Because of this approach, this product has remained a strong option in the asset-based long term care market and we are now one of the first companies to be able to offer a decrease in our pricing structure on our Asset Care® offering nationwide.
We recognize the changes we make today have long-term implications and our 30 years of LTC experience give us the projections and returns to price accurately. You can read more about the OneAmerica strategy to create forward thinking, resilient individual insurance products in an article Dennis Martin authored in the most recent edition of NAILBA’s Perspectives Magazine.
Learn more about new business submission rules leading up to the new price effective date of May 26, 2022.
May 26, 2022
The Asset Care price decrease goes into effect on all cases issued on or after May 26, 2022. This will impact the following Asset Care product portfolio funding options:
All States except California
- Single Premium: Includes Return of Premium option and Single Premium Drop-in Rider
- Recurring Premium: 20-pay and Pay to 95 only; no change on 5- or 10-pay
- Annuity Funding Whole Life: Income Benefit Rider Bonus returning to 20%
- Asset-Care I
- Asset-Care IV: 10-pay, 20-pay and Pay to 100
Cases issued between Apr. 25 – May 25, 2022 eligible for new pricing
May 26, 2022
- Quote software reflects new pricing. Neither the software nor the home office can generate quotes with the new pricing prior to this date.
- Advisors may begin submitting requests to reissue eligible policies via email or OneSource Online. A new, unsigned illustration is required along with the request.
- Reissue requests will be worked as quickly as possible. It is our desire to maintain service levels on all new applications, so reissue requests pertaining to this price change may fall outside our normal service standards.
Jun. 15, 2022
- Requests for reissue must be received by OneAmerica® no later than Jun. 15, 2022.
- Commission statements will reflect a chargeback when the original policy is terminated. The commission for the new policy will then be applied when processing is complete.
- New policy pages will be generated, and new delivery requirements will apply as well. These must be signed by the applicant and returned to the home office as directed.