We are thrilled to announce new, lower rates on Select-a-Term nationwide (including New York) in certain issue ages and risk classes. We made pricing improvements to face amounts of $250,000 and above with the focus of those improvements at face amounts of $500,000 and above.
Here’s how strong we are in the $500,000 and above market:
- Nationwide, nearly 80% of the premium rates rank in the top 2 and 85% rank in the top 3
- In New York, over 80% of the premium rates rank in the top 2 and 90% rank in the top 3
We continue to be focused on you and the needs of your clients with our improved new business turnaround times. Choose Wisely. Choose Select-a-Term.
Select-a-Term offers a unique mix of flexibility and reach:
- Guaranteed level term coverage for 18 durations, including 10-year and 15 through 30 years and now a 35-year term, with renewable coverage until age 95 for older clients.
- Select-a-Term remains convertible to the earlier of age 70 or the end of the level term period
- Extended conversion eligibility to the full suite of AGL and US Life products for the first 8 years for 10 year term durations, or the first 10 years for term durations of 15 years and greater
- A competitive conversion credit feature, where a portion of the term premium is applied to the new permanent policy. This feature is available under the same conversion eligibility rules.
- New premiums rates available effective January 22, 2018.
- Applications issued or conditionally issued before January 22, 2018 will automatically receive the old product rates.
- Applications issued or conditionally issued January 22, 2018 or later will automatically receive the new product rates.
- Reissue requests to new rates will not be honored.
- New applications submitted to replace existing inforce coverage with the new rates will not be honored within 90 days of the existing coverage going inforce.
As of January 22, 2018, the new rates for Select-a-Term are approved in all states.