We are very excited to announce that on August 27, 2018, Nationwide is introducing a new No-Lapse Guarantee (NLG) Universal Life product, Nationwide No-Lapse Guarantee UL II. As of August 27, 2018, not available in CA, NY, MT, DC, MA, PR, VI subject to change.
Please use these Transition Guidelines as you introduce the new product to your clients.
|Old Product||New Product|
|Nationwide YourLife No-Lapse Guarantee UL||Nationwide No-Lapse Guarantee UL II|
Application Signed Date
Monday, December 31, 2018
Application Received Date
Sunday, January 13, 2019
Friday, March 8, 2019
- For policies funded by 1025 money in any state, the In-Good-Order (IGO) 1025 paperwork must come with the application with the same date restrictions above. The 1035 requests then will be sent to the relinquishing carrier by Nationwide and tracked following standard procedures. These cases will have an extended funding deadline of May 17,2019.
Backdating for New Products
- Policies can be backdated to save age although they may not be backdated prior to the state approval date. Please refer to your state backdating guidelines as not all states have the same backdating rules.
|Sunday, January 13, 2019||
Reopening applications for the old product
If applications for the old product have been closed – and then reopened after January 13, 2019 – they will be considered an application for the new product. This applies to applications closed due to outstanding underwriting requirements or otherwise “not taken” – and regardless of the original application signed date.
Up until December 31, 2018, any pending cases for the old product will continue to be underwritten as such unless we receive a request to change to the new product. After that date, a new application will be required for the new product.
All applications for the new product are contingent on state ad firm approval of the product.
*PLEASE NOTE: Transitioning to the new NLG II product will require a new version of the application (along with additional required forms) to be submitted. See list of forms below.
Also, due to a new rate class being available with the NLG II product, the underwriting offer could be a different rate class.
Forms for NLF II Product:
- Sales Proposal
- Life Applications, Part A and Part B
- Policy Change Application for Life Insurance
- Personal Worksheet (PA, TX, and UT)
- Long-Term Care Rider Replacement form
- Long-Term Care Rider Supplement
- Aviation Questionnaire
- Foreign Nationals or Foreign Travel Supplement to Application
- Hazardous Avocation Questionnaire
- Military Status Questionnaire