Effective May 13, 2019, Nationwide is introducing Nationwide CareMatters II, a new Linked Benefit product with more features than the original CareMatters. CareMatters II will offer more accessibility, a broader appeal, expanded features, and more opportunities for you to help your clients. Most importantly, CareMatters II will continue our strong cash indemnity story – that helps clients pay for their care the way they want it: in a familiar environment, be it in their own home or in their community.
CareMatters II is a significant upgrade to the current CareMatters product in terms of pricing, benefits, and features:
- New pay to age 65 and pay to age 100 options – plus single premiums over age 70
- Minimum issue age of 30 years old
- Cash Indemnity LTC benefits
- Separately identifiable LTC premiums that may enable policy owners to use HSA dollars to pay for a portion of LTC premiums, or deduct LTC cost where permitted
- Full LTC Rider benefits on International Benefits
- An elimination period with a retroactive payment beginning in month four (unique to Nationwide)
- An easy to explain policy structure with a consistent 2-year acceleration of death benefits period
- Multiple Refund of Premium options to offer clients more control in maximizing LTC benefits or allowing for more ROP benefits
- U.S. Medical Care Inflation option (unique to Nationwide)
- 3% simple, 3% compound, and 5% compound inflation options
- Access to Guide Care Network
More Opportunities for advisors to help their clients:
- Premium flexibility in 1035 and lump sum payments, with continuing premium
- Application process with instruction page to help reduce NIGO
|Old Product||New Product|
|Nationwide YourLife CareMatters||Nationwide CareMatters II|
We will continue to offer Nationwide YourLife CareMatters for now but will close the product for new business prior to 12/31/2019.
As of May 13, 2019, our new product is not available in AZ, CA, CT, DC, DE, FL, HI, IN, MT, ND, NJ, NY, PR, SD, and VI.
As of May 13, 2019, any pending cases for Nationwide YourLife CareMatters will continue to be underwritten as such unless changing to Nationwide CareMatters II is requested.
For pending applications that have already been sent to Nationwide as of May 13, 2019 and wish to transition to CareMatters II, the existing application will be closed and all new CareMatters II paperwork will need to be completed. A new personal history interview will also be required if one has already been completed. If a cognitive screening has been done, that can be reused and will not need to be completed again.
All applications for CareMatters II are contingent on state and firm approval of the product.