Effective March 14, 2016, Lincoln is pleased to announce pricing improvements to Lincoln LifeElements Level Term (2014) which solidify key competitiveness at ages 45 and above with face amounts of $500,000 and above.
Goals of the reprice include being a “top 3 carrier” in the following core cells with the lowest price in an increased number of scenarios:
• $1 million of death benefit at ages 45+ for all term periods
• $500,000 of death benefit at ages 45+ for 15/20/30 year term periods
• $500,000 of death benefit at ages 55+ for 10 year term period
All states will be automatically approved at rollout, with the exception of New York which is not included in the 03/14/16 reprice.
• New applications received on or after March 14, 2016 and applications currently in underwriting that are issued on or after March 14, 2016 will automatically receive the new lower premiums if applicable. A request to use the lower rates will not be required.
o If the application had been submitted with premium using the previously higher rates, the difference will be automatically refunded.
o As of April 13, 2016 (30 days after rollout), the new Lincoln LifeElements Level Term (2014) – 03/14/16 reprice will automatically be used for all cases.
• For policies already issued, Lincoln will accept a written request to change to Lincoln LifeElements® Level Term (2014) – 03/14/16 reprice.
• For policies already placed, Lincoln will not allow rewrites to the new Lincoln LifeElements Level Term (2014) – 03/14/16 reprice.