Effective September 16, 2019, subject to state availability, The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company is pleased to announce the newest product in its survivorship variable universal life portfolio, Lincoln SVULONE (2019).
Lincoln SVULONE (2019) offers a lifetime guaranteed death benefit payable upon second death with market-driven growth potential from a variety of quality Separate Account investment options across all asset classes. This product replaces the existing Lincoln SVULONE (2016) version with the focus of maintaining a consistent leadership position while complying with Principle-Based Reserving (PBR) and 2017 Commissioner’s Standard Ordinary (CSO) Table.
This product will not be available in New York.
- Guaranteed lifetime death benefit protection — no matter how investment options perform.
- Highly competitive premiums
- Freedom to pursue upside potential
- Tax-deferred growth potential from more than 70 investment options
- The freedom to craft policy portfolios from conservative to aggressive
- Passive or hybrid management, without impacting the guaranteed protection
- Automatic rebalancing
- Permanent Rewards for strong performance – with the Accumulation Value Threshold
- If the policy exceeds a pre-determined threshold, the policy’s Death Benefit is guaranteed, and excess cash value can be accessed without impacting the guarantee
- Persistency bonus beginning in year 21
- Competitive guaranteed premiums
- Maintain consistent leadership position in single-pay and short-pay, lifetime guarantee premium scenarios
- Continued competitive positioning in level-pay scenarios
- No changes to target premiums
- External Rollover loans are no longer commissionable
- Any decreases in Specified Amount will now be subject to the full prorated surrender charges during the entire surrender charge period
- The Right to Examine (freelook) period for Return of Value States will now immediately invest into the client elected allocations. If exercised, the return of value will be equal to the accumulation value less debt plus any charges and fees.
New business applications will be accepted on September 16, 2019, in approved states. The new product will be available in all states except CA, GU, and MP. Please note, the new product will not be available in New York.
For states that are approved at rollout, there is a transition period which begins on September 16, 2019, and ends on November 1, 2019.
- For the old product, formal applications must be signed, dated and received in good order in Lincoln’s home office by the end of the transition period to qualify.
- For LincXpress® Tele-App Cases, a complete ticket and required solicitation forms must be received and the client interview completed.
- For pending business or policies already issued, Lincoln will accept a written request and a revised illustration to change to Lincoln SVULONE (2019).
- For policies already placed, normal internal replacement guidelines apply. Rewrites will not be allowed.
- For states approved after rollout, the transition period will be communicated with the availability date.
All PBR and 2017 CSO non-compliant versions must be placed in force with premium by 12/31/19.
To help ensure policy placement:
- For all 1035 Exchanges, Tele-App submissions and Premium Finance cases, Lincoln suggests application submission by October 1, 2019
- And all premium(s) and delivery requirements be received in good-order by December 27, 2019.