Effective Aug. 15, 2022, Lincoln is announcing pricing updates to Lincoln TermAccel® Level Term (2019) which will improve competitive positioning in key cells. Lincoln TermAccel® life insurance offers an entirely electronic, streamlined interview process with fully automated underwriting and no APS requirement.
Goal of the reprice includes being a “top 3 carrier” in the following non-tobacco, core cells for 10, 15, 20-year term durations:
- Face amounts of $500k – $999k, annual premiums are currently in the top 3 for nearly all ages.
- Face amounts of $1M+, annual premiums are currently in the top 3 for nearly all ages 45+.
- There will be a mix of premium increases and decreases.
- Along with this pricing update the Policy Fee is being reduced from $90 to $70 on cases of $1M and above.
For states that are approved at rollout, there is a 30-day transition period which begins on Aug. 15, 2022 and ends on Sep. 14, 2022. During the transition period:
- New applications received and applications currently in underwriting will automatically receive the lowest rates available.
- For policies already issued Lincoln will accept a written request to change to the Lincoln TermAccel® (2019) – 08/15/22 rates.
- For policies already placed Lincoln will not allow rewrites to the Lincoln TermAccel® (2019) –08/15/22 rates.
- For states approved after rollout the above will automatically apply based on the availability date. Lincoln TermAccel® (2019) is not available in New York.
The following riders are available on all versions of Lincoln TermAccel® (see state availability):
- Accelerated Benefit Rider
- Waiver of Premium Benefit
- Children’s Level Term Insurance Benefit Rider