Effective January 13, 2020, the Lincoln National Life Insurance Company is introducing pricing updates to Lincoln VULONE (2019) and Lincoln SVULONE (2019) to solidify competitive single and short pay guarantee pricing for key cells.
Goals of the reprice focused on our core market – single and short pay lifetime guarantee.
For Lincoln VULONE (2019) single pay designs
- Pricing decreases were at ages 51-69 for Preferred Non-Tobacco and Standard Non-Tobacco
- Premiums improved approximately 3% on average where changes occurred
- Short and level pay designs were impacted similarly to single pays
For Lincoln SVULONE (2019)
- Pricing improvements targeted being #1 at core ages for single pay designs
- Premiums improved approximately 7%
- There was a mix of pricing increases and decreases for short and level pay designs
- On average, level pays and ten pays increased 0%, though individual cases vary significantly
For states that are approved at rollout, there is a 60-day transition period which will end on March 12, 2020. All states will be automatically approved at rollout with the exception of Northern Marianas for Lincoln SVULONE (2019) and New York (where these products are not currently available).
- New signed formal applications received on or after January 13, 2020, and applications currently in underwriting that will be issued on or after January 13, 2020, will have their choice of product rates.
- For LincXpress® Tele-App Cases, a complete ticket and required solicitation forms must be received.
- For pending business or policies already issued, Lincoln will accept a written request and a revised illustration to change to the product with the new rates.
- For policies already placed, normal internal replacement guidelines apply. Rewrites will not be allowed.