Legal & General America’s OPTerm Reprice Turns Up The Heat!
For all ages*, classes, amounts, and durations, Banner ranks #1 – 78% of the time. William Penn ranks #1 – 83% of the time.
New rates include both decreases and increases. Price decreases improved our #1 ranking by over 20% and were primarily focused in these areas:
- Higher face amounts ($500K or more)
- Younger lives (Age 57 and below)
- All underwriting classes
- Evenly split between males and females
- 15- and 30-year plans
Increases affected 15% of all pricing cells, however, most made no change to competitive rank.
Term Pricing Hot Spots Rank High
Legal & General America’s new term rates rank #1 a scorching 93% of the time where you sell the most.
- Ages 30-65
- Non-tobacco, all bands
- OPTerm 15, 20, 25, and 30
New Business Submission and Pending New Business
Traditional Paper Applications
- New applications received in the home office by July 19, 2017 and applications currently pending will be issued with the most favorable rates for the insured.
- Applications received July 20, 2017 and later will be issued with the new rates.
- Formal applications received by July 19, 2017 will be issued with the most favorable rates for the insured.
- In order for the policy to be eligible for prior rates, the drop ticket should be submitted with enough time for the interview to be completed and the application submitted by July 19, 2017.
- New rates will apply to all completed interviews and subsequent formal applications received July 20, 2017 and later.
- Recently issued policies can be considered for reissue, with the new rates, provided the free look period has not expired, and the request is received in the home office by July 19, 2017. Make sure you indicate you want the policy reissued with the new rates.
- Reissue requests can be made through your general agent.
- Illustration Manager Version 2.6 is now available for download from the Partner Dashboard.
- Illustration Manager quoting engines, including desktop software, MobileSuite, and the online version have been updated.
- Third party vendors such as AgentQuote, Compulife, iPipeline, and VitalQuote (Ebix) have been provided with the new rates.
No change to issue ages
No change to policy fee
No change to compensation