Effective October 8, 2018, Legal & General America announces new rates which include a mix of decreases and increases. Rate decreases in more than 40% of pricing cells improved our ranking against core competitors. Less than 7% of rates increased and focused on female tobacco users at higher face amounts.
Consistent, Competitive Pricing
At all ages, classes, amounts, and durations, OPTerm pricing* for Banner ranks #1 – 79% of the time. For William Penn, pricing ranks #1 – 80% of the time.
New business submission and pending new business
Traditional Paper Applications
- New applications received in the home office by November 8, 2018 and applications currently pending will be issued with the most favorable premium for the insured.
- Applications received November 9, 2018 and later will be issued with the new rates.
- Formal applications received by November 8, 2018 will be issued with the most favorable premium for the insured.
- In order for the policy to be eligible for prior rates, the drop ticket should be submitted with enough time for the interview to be completed and the application submitted by November 8, 2018.
- New rates will apply to all completed interviews and subsequent formal applications received November 9, 2018 and later.
- Recently issued policies can be considered for reissue, with the new rates, provided the free look period has not expired and the request is received in the home office by November 8, 2018. Make sure you indicate that you want the policy reissued with the new rates.
- All reissue requests must be made in writing. Telephone requests will not be accepted.