Effective March 1, 2018, John Hancock will be changing the interest crediting rates on certain universal Life, Indexed Universal Life products, and Variable Life Fixed Accounts for new and in-force policies including:
- Interest crediting rates will decrease by 0.10% on Protection UL and Protection SUL
- Interest crediting rates will decrease by 0.20% on the following products:
- UL crediting rates on Accumulation IUL, Accumulation UL, Protection IUL, Protection SIUL and Premier Life
- VUL Fixed Accounts on Accumulation VUL, Accumulation SVUL, Protection VUL and Protection SVUL
- IUL Fixed Accounts on Accumulation IUL, Protection IUL and Protection SIUL
- Indexed UL caps, participation rates, and threshold rates remain unchanged
Notification to Clients
These changes will become effective on your clients’ policies, starting March 1, 2018 and will be reflected on their annual statements. Clients who request in-force illustrations before they receive their annual statement will see the interest crediting rate change on the illustration.
Pending Cases in New Business
Effective March 1, 2018 a new illustration on JH Illustrator 14.0 will be required on ever pending case in our New Business Department reflecting the new interest rate. Our New Business Department will contact you for those cases that will require new illustrations to complete the issue process.