At John Hancock, we’re proud of our lengthy track record for delivering exceptional policy performance for customers. Our investment capabilities are at the core of this continued success. Of course, as economic conditions change, policy crediting rates and indexed parameters will change. The recent sharp decline in interest rates has necessitated the following adjustments, effective June 1, 2020:
- Interest crediting rates will decrease by 0.25% on the following products:
– UL crediting rates on Protection UL and Protection SUL
– VUL fixed accounts on Protection VUL and Accumulation VUL
– IUL fixed accounts on Accumulation IUL, Protection IUL and Protection SIUL
- Indexed UL caps will decrease for certain Accumulation IUL, Protection IUL, Protection SIUL and Accumulation VUL accounts, while participation rates and threshold rates remain unchanged
- Temporarily suspending new funds being allocated to the Preliminary Funding Account (PFA). We expect to reopen the PFA later this year.