SYMETRA ACCUMULATOR IUL: COMPETITIVE DISTRIBUTIONS AND TRANSPARENT FEATURES
Five years ago, we strategically broadened our distribution with our flagship, single-life, no-lapse-guarantee product, Symetra UL-G. Today, we’re expanding our portfolio to include our first indexed universal life offering, Symetra Accumulator IUL. Built on our principles of Value, Transparency and Sustainability, we enter the market offering strong policy distributions, client-friendly features, lower policy costs, top-tier target premiums and a simple story. Strong policy cash accumulation and distributions We’re among the top carriers for policy cash accumulation and policy distributions. Together with our high target premiums and lower policy costs, Symetra Accumulator IUL is one of the most competitive, transparent and easy-to-understand products available. Strong embedded guarantees Clients will benefit from Accumulator’s strong embedded guarantees, including:
- A guaranteed persistency bonus of 15% of the index credit, beginning in policy year 11.
- A 2% cumulative lookback guarantee that may increase policy values every 8 years.
- Guaranteed minimum cap of 3.5% on the S&P 500 Index.
- Indexed credit based on the index segment value at the beginning of the index term (net of any withdrawals or standard loans taken during the term).
Three focused indexed options Symetra Accumulator IUL offers three index strategies—two with volatility control components—and a fixed account.
- S&P 500 Index Point-to-Point Capped Strategy: This 1-year strategy seeks to generate returns based on the S&P 500 Index.
- JPMorgan ETF Efficiente 5 Index Point-to-Point No-Cap and High Participation Strategy: This 1-year, industry-leading, multi-asset class index strategy seeks to generate returns by using a diverse array of ETFs and a cash index. This design focuses on maximizing returns while limiting volatility. The JPMorgan ETF Efficiente 5 Index is licensed exclusively to Symetra.
- Blended 50% S&P 500 and JPMorgan ETF Efficiente 5 Index Point-to-Point No-Cap and High Participation Strategy: This 2-year, blended strategy provides an index credit that equals 50% of the uncapped S&P 500 return added to 50% of the JPMorgan ETF Efficiente 5 return at a current 140% participation rate. Over a longer time horizon, this strategy increases diversification and may help minimize short-term market volatility.
Optional riders for design flexibility In addition to our full complement of existing riders, our Supplemental Protection Rider and Surrender Value Enhancement Rider provide additional flexibility for large and complex case designs.
- The Supplemental Protection Rider adds an additional layer of lifetime specified coverage for the insured without an accompanying surrender charge period.
- Our Surrender Value Enhancement Rider provides a reduced surrender charge schedule for the first five policy years.
New advanced markets concepts Our Premium Financing program and new Supplemental Income Plan advanced markets concepts can help support your Accumulator IUL sales. Both concepts are available to illustrate in Symetra Life Illustrator.