Our chronic illness coverage is only getting better!
On August 22, 2016 Securian will launch two new agreements to help clients as they age and become chronically ill.
1. Accelerate Death Benefit for Chronic Illness Agreements (CIA)
The CIA will replace the Long Term Care Agreement (LTCA) in most states and will offer:
- An enhanced value proposition for clients
- Improved agreement design; pricing and underwriting will not change
- Reduced regulatory oversight of agent licensing, marketing and replacements
Please note: Existing policies will not be impacted.
- Prior to August 22, 2016 only LTCA applications will be accepted.
- From August 22 – October 17, 2016 both LTCA and CIA applications will be accepted.
- LTCA Applications must be signed, received and in good order by October 17, 2016 or the agreement will need to be changed to CIA and a new application and illustration will be required.
- After October 17, 2016 only CIA applications will be accepted*
*If the CIA is not available based on state approval, applications for LTCA will continue to be accepted up to 60 days (signed, received and in good order) from the date the CIA is made available in your state.
Please note: Dates may vary based on product availability by state.
2. Chronic Illness Conversion Agreement (CICA)
The CICA will be available on Advantage Elite Select Term policies, allowing:
- Clients to add CIA when converting to any single-life product that offers the CIA
- No additional underwriting at the time of conversion
- In-force term policies issues Standard or better within the previous 12 months of the CICA becoming available in your state, may add the CICA without underwriting for a period of 60 days.
- The CICA cannot be added to in-force term policies after the 60 day period has passed or if they are more than 12 months beyond the issue date.