Cincinnati Life is increasing ROP term rates effective June 16, 2021. The average rate increase is 18% for Term ROP. Increase due almost entirely to interest rate environment.
- Larger face amounts have smaller increases
- Shorter-term periods have smaller increases
- The standard classes have smaller increases than the preferred classes
What – Termsetter ROP reprice with age range updates
Highlights – Updated rates reflect new nonforfeiture interest rate. Issue age ranges have been revised for all term periods.
- 20 year: 18-60
- 25 year: 18-55
- 30 year: 18-50
- 20-, 25- and 30-year guaranteed term period options
- Convertible to an eligible permanent insurance product at the earlier of age 70 or the end of the term period
- Minimum death benefit amounts of $25,000
- Rates based on actual age
- Non-cigarette tobacco users are eligible for nonsmoker rates
Effective: June 16, 2021
Applicable in: All states except DC and NY
Transition Period for Rates
- May 15, 2021 – June 15, 2021 – Applications signed and dated before June 16, 2021, and received in our office by June 22, 2021, will be issued with the old Term ROP rates.
- June 16, 2021 – All applications signed and dated on or after June 16, 2021, or received after June 22, 2021, will receive the new Term ROP rates. Quoting software, agent guides and marketing materials will automatically update with the new rates on June 16, 2021.