NEW PRICING EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 27
Prudential continually strives to offer a relevant suite of product solutions at a competitive price that align with the needs of your customers. With that in mind, we are introducing new pricing on PruLife UL Protector, effective February 27, 2017, pending state approval.
This pricing change is necessary to maintain the sustainability of UL Protector during this ongoing period of historically low interest rates. We will continue to monitor pricing on our entire suite of products and exercise the financial discipline that has helped Prudential provide enduring value to its clients for over 140 years.
- Level pay increases will range fro 4-10% varying by cell. Average increase of 6% for ages 55-75.
- Single pays increases will range from 9-19%. Average increase of 12% for ages 55-75.
- CTPs will be increased. Generally, CTPs will be higher than level pay premiums.
- Face amount limits will be removed on applied for policies using new rates.
Please note: different rules and dates apply to this transition, please refer to the transition rules for further detail.
- March 6, 2017 (Ready to Sell Date): New Rates for the revised product are in effect. The current face amount limit of $5 million is removed for New Rates. All applications signed and date on or after March 6, 2017 will receive New Rates (unless Old Rates are requested and permitted)
- March 26, 2017 (Transition Period End Date): Last day that an application can be signed with a request for Old Rates
- If Old Rates are desired for an application dated during the 21-day Transition Period, a written request, along with the appropriate presentation version, must be submitted on or after the state introduction date
- The face amount limit of $5 million is still in effect for Old Rates
- Applications dated March 20th and later will receive the New Rates only
- April 3, 2017 (Home Office Receipt Deadline): Applications based on Old Rates must be received in the Home Office by April 3, 2017. Applications dated prior to March 27 but received in the Home Office after April 3 will be processed with the New Rates
- June 30, 2017 – Inforce Placement Deadline – A policy applied for before or during the transition period must have all delivery requirements signed and received by the Home Office in good order by this date to receive old rates. The Inforce Placement Deadline will be adjusted for 1035 exchange cases where the only outstanding item is receipt of the 1035 funds at the time of the June 30, 2017 deadline.
- States that approve the revised product after March 6, 2017 will have their “Ready to Sell Date”, “Transition Period End Date”, “Home Office Receipt Deadline”, and “Inforce Placement Deadline” adjusted.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT OWNERSHIP ARRANGEMENTS
Formal applications without ownership arrangements (Preliminary applications, trial application and where a Trust is TBD) must be replaced by a final formal application by the end of the 21 day transition period based on state approval to be eligible for the Old Rates.
Informal/Inquiry applications will not be eligible for Old Rates unless replaced by a live application by the end of the 21 day transition period based on state approval.
Old or New Rates can be issued if the convertible period ends prior to the state approval date and the application date is after the state approval date and within the transition period, and within 31 days of the convertible period end date.
Only New Rates can be issued if the term conversion is requested after the state approval date and the application date is after the transition period end date and is outside of the 31 days after the convertible period end date.