Secure Lifetime GUL 3 Rates – Increasing in all States
Starting April 14, 2018, the price of Secure Lifetime GUL 3 (GUL 3) will be increasing an average of 3 to 4% depending on age, underwriting class and funding patterns. Adjustments to the target premiums will also be made. While we strive to hold the prices of all of our products steady, the long standing low interest rate environment continues to put pressure on our industry. To ensure we stay laser focused on our commitment to deliver higher value to both you and our clients, a rate change is necessary.
Commitment & Supportpay
Our commitment to both you and your clients remains strong as we continue to offer a full portfolio of feature-rich products that are designed to meet consumer needs in all stages of life. Secure Lifetime GUL 3 plays an important role in our offering and continues to provide features and benefits that set it apart from the competition. Plus, we continue to showcase the product’s versatility via new solution based sales concepts and tools.
- Innovative Partial Withdrawal Capability – If needs change, policy holders can reduce the death benefit while maintaining the original coverage guarantee period.
- Guaranteed return of premium with two built-in ROP opportunities (via the Enhanced Surrender Value Rider) should your clients’ needs change or they no longer need coverage.
- Year 20 = 50% of total premium paid, up to 40% of face amount
- Year 25 = 100% of total premium paid, up to 40% of face amount
- Accelerated Access Solution – Provides chronic illness coverage to your client’s base policy up to $3M. Three benefit payout options available – funds can be used for any purpose. Note: Not available in NY. California allows two benefit payout options.
- Lifestyle Income Solution – Guaranteed withdrawal benefits that enable clients to convert the death benefit into a stream of supplemental income that can be used for any purpose. These payments are typically tax-free up to the amount of cumulative policy premiums.
Transition Rules – New rates effective April 14, 2018
- Secure Lifetime GUL 3 applications received on or after April 14, 2018 will receive the new rates.
- To receive the old rates on the Secure Lifetime GUL 3 product, applications must be received on or before April 13, 2018.
- Reissue requests will not be honored.
AG Quick Ticket
- Secure Lifetime GUL 3 applications dropped on or after April 14, 2018 will receive the new rates.
- To receive the old rates on Secure Lifetime GUL 3 product, applications must be dropped into Quick Ticket by April 13th. AIG must receive completed application with paramed from Quick Ticket by April 30th to receive the old rates.
- If AIG received the application & paramed after April 30th the new rates will automatically apply.